These stuffed avocados are so creamy and delicious, you’ll be coming back for more! They are perfect to serve for brunch or dinner – just add a side salad or some fresh fruit and your meal is complete. Make extra as they keep in the fridge for several days and easily reheat in the microwave in just a couple of minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 ripe but firm avocados, pitted and halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion, diced small
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 -3 slices of crisp bacon, crumbled
- Fresh basil (not pictured)
Preheat oven to 400 F. Scoop out most of the flesh of each avocado half, making sure you don’t pierce the skin. Place each half in a shallow baking dish.
Put the flesh in a large mixing bowl, add the lemon juice and smash with a fork until it is somewhat creamy.
Add chicken, cream cheese, tomatoes, onion, salt, pepper and hot sauce to the mashed avocados and mix until well blended.
Add the avocado filling to each of the avocado shells.
Mix the parmesan and cheddar cheeses and sprinkle on top of each avocado half.
Loosely cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the filling is warm. Remove the foil and broil on high for 1-2 minutes, just until the cheese begins to brown lightly.
Remove the dish from the oven and let the avocados stand for a couple of minutes. Garnish with the bacon and basil, and enjoy!
Eat, drink and be merry!