These buffalo chicken zucchini boats are so easy to make and taste marvelous! The mozzarella cheese helps to balance the tanginess of the buffalo chicken sauce and the celery adds a nice crunch. If you’re not a bleu cheese fan, you can use mozzarella or even cheddar instead.
I like to broil these on high for 1 to 2 minutes at the end of the cooking time, but that is optional. Oh, and if you’re wondering why I only have 5 boats pictured, I clumsily dropped one and couldn’t save it. Mega sigh, I just hate wasting something this good!
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1½ cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce (I like Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped small
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 large zucchinis, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup bleu cheese, crumbled lengthwise
- Fresh chives for garnish
- Ranch dressing (optional)
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, buffalo wing sauce, celery, onion, garlic powder, mozzarella, and pepper.
Hollow out each zucchini half, making sure you leave a small amount of flesh on the skins. Stuff each zucchini boat with the chicken mixture.
Spray a large casserole dish with cooking spray, add the zucchini boats and cover the casserole with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes and remove dish from oven. Sprinkle each boat with the bleu cheese crumbles and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown.
Garnish with fresh chives and/or Ranch dressing if desired.
Eat, drink and be merry!