Last week I promised to post a couple of recipes using Red Gold* tomatoes. With the weather getting cooler, here is a hearty and tasty dish with smoky kielbasa, smooth and creamy cannellini beans (which are white kidney beans) and Red Gold petite chili tomatoes that add just enough heat to spice up things a bit. This is such a simple recipe that packs a ton of flavor! While I like to eat this by itself with bread, you could also serve it over pasta or rice by adding an extra can of tomatoes to make it saucier.
I made this in my Ninja Cooking System — I still love this appliance, especially since I can brown the kielbasa with little oil and then add the rest of the ingredients in the same pan. Cleanup is a breeze! Use a large skillet if you don’t have the Ninja (and if you don’t, you should put this on your Christmas gift list — I still love mine!)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. kielbasa, cut into ½ inch rounds
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced (I used Vidalias)
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilies (I used Red Gold Petite)
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) cannellini beans, drained
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet (I used my Ninja Cooking System). Add the kielbasa and cook until it is lightly browned on both sides (about 10 minutes or so).
Eat, drink and be merry!
Follow Kel’s Café on Twitter at http://twitter.com/kelscafe
*Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Red Gold tomatoes in any way.