This awesome dip takes traditional guacamole to another dimension, as the bleu cheese gives adds sharpness and extra creaminess. It is made with healthy Stonyfield yogurt, which the folks there were nice enough to send me a coupon for a free sample as well as the recipe for this dip. (Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Stonyfield in any way, but I do love its organic and GMO-free products.)
I changed the recipe a bit by adding some chili garlic hot sauce and seasoned salt. I also increased the amount of garlic as well as the bleu cheese. This is a great dip to make for your outdoor summer gatherings, such as Father’s Day, which is coming up soon.
- 3-4 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Plain Fat Free Yogurt
- ¾ cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup scallions, green part only (save some for garnish)
- Hot sauce to taste (I used Cholula’s chili garlic sauce)
- Seasoned salt to taste (I used Penzeys 4S salt)
Mix together the avocados, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, Stonyfield yogurt and bleu cheese. These ingredients should be well blended but still a bit chunky. Fold in some of the scallions.
Add salt and hot sauce to taste. Refrigerate at least until chilled, or for a couple of hours.
Garnish with the rest of the scallions right before serving.
Enjoy with chips, fresh veggies, etc.
Eat, drink and be merry!
Follow Kel’s Café on Twitter at http://twitter.com/kelscafe