One of my favorite things about fall is all of the local BBQ events that area churches and organizations hold. As I mentioned in my earlier post “For the Love of Q” I always look forward to Lynn’s Crossroads Ruritan Club’s BBQ and bake sale each October. The line usually wraps around the building at lunch, but is always worth the wait!
This time I opted for a late lunch (2:30 p.m.) to see if the crowds would not be as big, and that was a great idea – minimal waiting in line! Nonetheless, there were still a good number of people eating a late lunch as well.
For $9.00, I got chopped BBQ, boiled potatoes, slaw, hush puppies and iced tea, and I got to serve myself (that was something new in all of the years I’ve been enjoying this event.) The BBQ was fantastic as usual, as were the hush puppies and the tea. Normally I get unsweetened tea, except when I’m eating BBQ – there’s just something about Q and sweet, sweet tea! Oh what a happy day!
Here is a list of other area BBQs happening in the next few weeks:
- 11/4/11 Holland’s Methodist Church, Ten-Ten Rd., Raleigh, 11am-8pm.
- 11/4/11 Mt. Pleasant Presbyterian Church, Willow Spring, 11am-7pm.
- 11/4/11 North Raleigh United Methodist Church BBQ & bake sale, 10am-7pm.
- 11/5/11 Mount Carmel Baptist Church BBQ and Brunswick Stew, Chapel Hill, 4pm-7:30pm.
- 11/12/11 BBQ Cook-off & Veteran’s Day Open House, Ray Price Harley, Raleigh
If you know of any others, please leave a comment – I hate to miss a good BBQ!
Eat, drink and be merry!